Monday, June 22, 2015

The ac went out, it's hot, and an introduction.

So today was a good day, until the central air went out. In a trailer with a little one we might as well live in an oven. Xander doesn't seem to mind much but I'm pouring sweat just sitting in the Rocker watching him play in the play room. Outside isn't much better, the humid georgia air and the lack of any shade in our yard make it almost as unbearable out there. Although I'm probably going to slather him up with sun screen and his Burts bees natural bug spray (that I totally swear by even though my husband thinks it's ridiculously overpriced. He may be right but I'd prefer to spend a little more than cover my son in deet) and let him play in the water table and pool. Because this is just ridiculous. And just in case you need an introduction, I'm Regina, I'm a 23year old stay at home mom to my beautiful Griffin Xander (who has been xanderbug since before he was born) he is one year old, fat, happy, smart and stubborn. He flat out refuses to walk even though I've seen him do it out the corner of my eye. As soon as you look directly at him he will plop his butt on the ground and crawl. I'm what they call a "transplant“ I was born and raised in new York, moved to georgia at 16 met my very southern (some would say redneck, and by some I mean my family) husband and step son at 19,got pregnant at 22 and got got married (at the court house) at 23. I keep busy with my crazy little boy and planning our "make up wedding". I never pictured my self as a barefoot southern mama sippin' sweet tea, wearing cut offs, and yelling “quit that from a porch swing while my boys played in the mud. I always pictured it more like this - living in the suburbs of Manhattan, or possibly Staten island, two little pagent girls (Alessia Paige, and Lucy Elizabeth if you were wondering) Barbies all over the floor of a hot pink and zebra striped play room, dance class, ice skating, and tumbling. Shopping on 5th Avenue and Taki g my girls to Broadway shows and the liberty science center. (Yes I've put a lot of thought in to my life.) but life happens a d I honestly wouldn't give up my dirty, messy, stinky, sticky, sweet boys for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment